Protecting your privacy
CDANZ is committed to protecting your privacy and is bound by New Zealand Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 2020 (“Privacy Act”).
CDANZ recognises personal information as a taonga. Where individuals have gifted information to CDANZ that information will be safeguarded and used only for the agreed purposes.
The types of information we collect about you will generally fit into the following categories:
1. Information about you or your property which you provide or we otherwise collect in connection with providing goods and services to you; or information you provide in connection with attending our events courses and webinars. This may include:
2. Information generated by our and our suppliers' systems in relation to the use of our websites and online tools (see the information on cookies and IP address tracking in section 8 below).
3. Information we collect from third parties, including:
3. Use and disclosure of Personal Information
For the purposes described above, we may share your personal information with a range of organisations, including our service providers, suppliers, agents, business partners, sub-contractors, assessors and installers, and regulatory bodies or government agencies. For example, we may disclose your personal information to third parties who:
4. Voluntary Submission of Information
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide some or all of our products and services to you.
5. Holding, correction and updating of personal information
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us electronically in secure data centres located in New Zealand or overseas, including on servers owned by our cloud services providers (currently our primary datacentre is located in Sydney).
Under the Privacy Act you have the right to request access to, and correction of, personal information we hold about you. Please contact us if you wish to access or request correction of personal information we hold about you (our contact details are at the end of this policy).
6. Criminal Record Checks
Criminal Record Checks are a requirement of some CDANZ Membership Types. Once sighted we will destroy these records.
7. Photographs taken at any CDANZ event may be used for promotional purposes on the CDANZ website and in CDANZ publications. If you do not want a photo displayed in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Protection and security of personal information
We take responsible steps to protect all personal information we collect or hold from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
9. Other sites
Our websites and applications contain links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a third-party website, please understand that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that website. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
10. Cookies and IP address tracking
You will not be able to maintain a logged in session if cookies are not used.
Our websites may also detect and use your IP address or domain name for internal traffic monitoring and capacity purposes or to otherwise administer the websites. No personal information is obtained, rather the patterns of usage of visitors to the website may be tracked for the purposes of providing improved service and content based on aggregate or statistical review of user site traffic patterns.
12. Contacting us and Complaints
Address: P O Box 31-104, Ilam, Christchurch, 8444
You can find out more about your rights under the Privacy Act 1993, and complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, at www.privacy.org.nz.