The TEC Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is a small Crown agency with a big job to do – to ensure New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to ensure lifelong success to build a great country. We lead the Government’s relationship with the tertiary education sector in New Zealand and provide career services from education to employment.
We have an exciting new opportunity in the Work Connect team to help eligible skilled migrants build the skills they need to obtain meaningful employment in New Zealand. It’s a chance to make a real difference in the lives of our clients, so we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping.
We are looking for a Career Development Consultant who has the overall balance of both, technical and personal skills, fixed term through until 30 June 2022. Occasional regional travel may also be required. So if you’re looking to be part of an amazing high performing team then come and join us at the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC).
What you will be doing?
Providing one-to-one career guidance and coaching services to skilled migrants and international students
· Delivering workshops and training programmes (in person and via webinar)
· Building and maintaining partnerships with external stakeholders, members of migrant communities and education sector organisations, to promote the programme
· Contributing to the ongoing development and improvement of the Work Connect programme
· Working collaboratively with a high performing team, upholding the team values and contributing to our highly supportive culture.
What will you bring to the role?
· Proven experience providing quality one-to-one career guidance and coaching services
· Experience in, delivering training programmes, workshops and presentations
· Experience working with migrant communities and international students
· An ability to connect with migrant stakeholders and demonstrate culture awareness
· Networking skills using a variety of channels (e.g. face to face, social networks etc.)
· A tertiary qualification in career development, education, business or social sciences, desirable
· Flexibility to travel nationally if required.
What you will get in return?
· The chance to make a real difference in people’s lives.
· A supportive manager and team, keen to invest in your professional development
· Collaborative and engaging culture with an active social club.
· A wide range of benefits including flexible working options.
Applications close 19 September 2021.
If this sounds of interest, please apply now. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz
Career Development Consultant – Fixed Term x2 Wellington - https://jobs.govt.nz/jobs/NZ-1565041